THE EERC PROJECTS:
Since 1991 where ERRC has been establishes up to day, the ERRC conducted several projects and training courses in the fields of environment. Bellow is a list of the major projects that conducted by our center and a brief description:
1- Project title: Accommodation of natural methods for waste water treatment in Gaza Strip- Quality control of drinking and used water (1992-1993)
Supported by: German partners.
2- Training program for engineering working in the waste water sector (1993)
Supported by: IHE – Delft (German)
3- Water and waste water samples analysis for different local and international institutes in Gaza Strip (GTZ, PECDAR, UNRWA and local municipalities- 1992-1993).
4- Project: Analysis of Rafah waste water treatment plan (1994-1995)
Supported by: DEVCO Company (Irland)
Budget: about 15000 US$.
5- Waste water and soil analysis for Beit Lahiya treatment plan (1995-1996)
Supported by: UNDP, WRAP
Budget: 30000 US$.
6- Training course on public awareness and water use (1995)
Organized by: Water Resources Action Program, University of Bradford.
7- Training course on Planning, Implementation and Management in Water Sector (1995).
Organized by: Carl Duisberg Gesellschaft (CDG)- Germany.
8- Training course on Technical Training in Water and Sanitation (1995)
Organized by: CDG- Germany.
9- Training course on Environmental Toxicology (1995)
Supported by: British Council- UK.
10- An agreement with Swedish Company represented by the local Palestinian group (TEAM) to analyze the Northern Gaza Strip waste water treatment plan and sludge analysis (1996- 1997).
Supported by: Swedish Project
Budget: 25000 US$.
11- Project title: Sea Water and Beach Quality Assessment- Gaza Strip- Monitoring of Beach Quality (1998 – 1999)
Objectives of the project:
· To outline the safety measures to the local authorities to ensure the safety and attractiveness of the Gaza beach as a resort area and tourist feature.
· To provide the local authorities with dates and information about the long-term impact of sewage on the sea water quality and fishing.
· To develop of the human skills of under- and graduate students in the Environmental & Earth science Department through the positive participation in conducting the research studies.
· Developing of scientific and technical capability of the Environmental and Rural Research Centre in conducting studies to serve the local needs.
· Field work
· Training of the ERRC staff
· Laboratory testing
· Data processing
· Public awareness programs.
Budget: 43 000 US$
Supported by: Norwegian Representative in Palestine
12- Project title: Seawater and Beach Quality Comprehensive Assessment Study in Gaza Strip (2000-2001)
Supported by: AGFUND (Arabian Gulf Fund), The United Nation University (UNU), International Network on Water Environment and Health (INWEH).
Budget: 150 000 US$
· Assessment of seawater pollution (water quality survey planning, sample collection and analysis, data processing and reporting).
· Capacity building for undergraduate students (Training program development).
· Disseminating results (poster, leaflets design and production, workshop, reports).
13- Project title: SMAP (Solid Waste Management Program (2000-2001)
Supported by: EC
14- Project title: Policy Guidelines for Sustainable Wastewater Management in the Gaza Strip (2001-2002).
Supported by: EC (Life Third Countries Program-European Commission.
Budget: 450 000 Euro.
· The overall objective of the guidelines is to preserve the environment by sustainable management of the water resources.
· The main objective is to reuse all treated wastewater to improve the water balance and ground water quality as well as protection soil and public health.
· The treated wastewater should be used for irrigation and ground water recharge.
15- Project title: Sustainable Water Management in Mediterranean Costal Aquifers/Recharge Assessment and Modeling Issues (SWIMED).
Supported by: European Commission Research Programs
Duration time: 2003-2007
Project partners: Spain, Italy, France, Morocco, Tunisia, Cyprus.
· Managing hydrological database with focus on coastal aquifers.
· Modeling and simulating ground water flow and sea water intrusion.
· Optimizing the location and recharge according to prescribed conditions.
· User-friendly interface through GIS.
· Scenarios analysis and decision making by combining environmental, socio-economic as well as more technical and water specific characteristic developed acting as a decision support system.
16 mprove the quality of potable water used by the government elementary schools in Gaza Strip.
Funded by : USAID (Through RAFEED)
Budget: 259,924.4 US$
Duration time: 2003-2004
17- Project title: Conducting Heavy Metals
Consultation Firm : Almadina and Enfra
Duration time: 2011
17- Project title: Analyses Vitamen A And D3
Consultation Firm : ARD EL INSANe
Duration time: 2013